Adventure with the Saints Project
Learn About and Present the Saints from A-Z with the Adventure with the Saints Project.
This Adventure with the Saints Project can help young Catholics develop good character and morals by learning about and studying the lives of the Holy Saints.
Teaching about the saints is an excellent way to learn about God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This creative project can help to enrich your child's understanding of people who encountered our Lord in many different ways. In a day and age when singers, stars, and sports athletes are considered role models by many youths, the study of Catholic heroes is more important than ever.
The Adventure with the Saints Project is a fun way to get to know some new saints and review the lives of some already familiar ones. By using the letters from the alphabet as a guide, learners must choose at least one Saint for each letter of the alphabet and describe his or her life. The description should contain the following information:
- When they lived (birth and death if known)
- Where they are noted from
- Symbol that would identify them in a work of art, statue or icon
- Patron saint info
- A portrait of the Saint and their symbol(s) - either drawn or pasted in from other sources
Over-sized alphabet letters are included in the project so that learners can cut them out and creatively use them on the corresponding page. Learners will also be asked to answer some basic questions about Sainthood, including:
- Who can become a Saint?
- What does it take to become a saint?
- When can one be declared a saint?
- Where do saints fit into the Communion of Saints?
- Why would one want to become a saint?
- How can you become more saintly?
This is a great project that can be used over the year, a month, or however else you may choose to use it. This project could also be undertaken and split among siblings or students in a CCD or Religious Education Class.
Instructions are included in the project file. Some may opt to use this to prepare for the celebration of All Saints' Day.
Focus: Basic research skills, fact recall
- File Size 286.21 KB
- Create Date June 30, 2013
|Popular Categories||All Saints Day, CCD Lessons, Saints|
|Tags||CCD Projects Letter I|