Create our Big Book of Narration About the Planets
Use this printable resource to create a Big Book all about the planets of our solar system. Eight planets are featured in this resource as Pluto lost its planet status a few years ago. Using books you have on hand, videos from the library or science websites, filling out this book is sure to be engaging and a great proof of learning.
Each planet is featured individually with lots of spaces for factual details about it, neat facts and even doodles and drawings. A picture of the planet is provided as well as a special place for children to mark its distance from the sun. As a fun little language arts addition, an opportunity to write an acrostic poem for each planet is provided. This can be such a fun activity, whether children want to try to tell about the featured planet or want to create something whimsically connected to space.
Creating this book is easy. Just follow these few steps.
1. Print out the pages from the .PDF file and have your learner fill in the information required.
2. Fold completed pages in half with blank sides together.
3. Stack pages in order by page numbers.
4. Attach the cover that comes in the file.
5. Bind all pages using a comb bind spine, binding machine, a hole-punch and report folder with prongs, staples or any other binding method of your choice.
Focus: Developing beginning research skills
Theme: Planets, space, science