Help children master the multiplication tables with the help of lots of sweet cherries and George Washington.
Chart the Cherries was inspired by the story of young truthful George Washington, who chopped down his father’s cherry tree and spoke the truth about his deed when questioned about it.
Use this fun math play pack to teach your child about the value of honesty as well as help them learn to master the multiplication tables from zero to twelve. This resource includes the following elements.
• A printable version of the story of George Washington as written by James Baldwin.
• Numbered cherry pieces depicting a numeral as well as images that can be counted. There are twelve pieces of each number, which will serve as hands-on manipulatives. Children can group numbers to create and visualize multiplication sentences. For example, 6x8 can be visually
seen as six groups of eight cherries.
• Numbered George Washington character pieces to represent specific multiplication tables; they can be colored for some art fun.
• Multiplication problem cards and matching work chart
• Multiplication Fact Reference Sheet
• Practice Fill-in multiplication charts
Play pieces, the story of George Washington's honesty, worksheets and instructions are included in this download.
Theme: Mastering multiplication tables from 0-12
Focus: Multiplication, honesty, The story of young George Washington chopping down his father's cherry tree
Multiplication tables 0-12 are included.