Composer Research Learning Card Set with Images
Study Music History with the Composer Research Learning Card Set with Images.
This research style learning Composer Research Learning Card Set with Images prompts learners to gather data about twenty-six (26) different musical composers of the past.
The writing prompts include the following information.
When (birth and death date, if applicable)
What (composer, musician, clergy, etc. - all that apply)
Where (country of origin)
Why (purpose for interest in music or why they are important)
How (method or style of music)
Works (famous pieces)
An image of each composer is provided.
For your convenience, there are two identical cards per page. Prepare this resource by printing out the file, cutting the cards on the solid black line, and folding them on the dotted lines. Glue the card closed with its blank sides together. Laminate for longevity and a finished look, if desired.
Composers in this set include the following individuals.
- Antonio Vivaldi 1678-1741 Baroque
- George Frideric Handel 1685-1759 Baroque
- Georg Philipp Telemann 1681-1767 Baroque
- Johann Sebastian Bach 1685-1750 Baroque
- Domenico Scarlatti 1685-1757 Baroque
- Joseph Haydn 1732-1809 Classical
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1756-1791 Classical
- Ludwig van Beethoven 1770-1827 Classical
- Franz Schubert 1797-1828 Classical
- Felix Mendelssohn 1809-1847 Early Romantic
- Frédéric Chopin 1810-1849 Romantic
- Robert Schumann 1810-1856 Romantic
- Franz Liszt 1840-1893 Romantic
- Richard Wagner 1813-1883 Romantic
- Stephen Foster 1826-1864 Romantic
- Giuseppe Verdi 1813-1901 Romantic
- Johannes Brahms 1838-1897 Romantic
- Camille Saint-Saëns 1835-1921 Romantic
- Pyotr llyich Tchaikovsky 1840-1893 Romantic
- Antonin Leopold Dvořák 1841-1904 Romantic
- Edvard Grieg 1843-1907 Romantic
- Sir Edward Elgar 1857-1934 Romantic
- Giacomo Puccini 1858-1924 Late Romantic
- Claude-Achille Debussy 1862-1918 Impressionist
- Richard Strauss 1864-1949 Early Modern
- George Gershwin 1898-1937 Modern
*Note: A matching timeline for your bulletin board or learning area is also available.
Focus: Composers, musicians
Theme: Composers, music