F3 (Lapbook Style) Folder Lesson on the Blessed Virgin Mary
The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of Jesus. She is a powerful intercessor and as Jesus stated from the cross, she is our mother too. She was born sinless of the Immaculate Conception, and next to Jesus, she is the most perfect example of humanity that God ever created on Earth. She gives nothing less than an awesome example, of how we should live a joyful, obedient and charitable life for love of God. This F3 Folder about the Blessed Virgin Mary is a good way to introduce your child or class to our Holy Mother, the perfectly virtuous life she led and the powerful intercessor that she is.
Perfect for use in your homeschool, CCD or Religious Education class; this resource is designed to build understanding of the Blessed Virgin Mary and her role in the Church and the Catholic faith. There are five different learning activities and two F3 piece activities that can help you teach or reinforce your lessons on Mother Mary, whether you use a formal curriculum or one that you have put together yourself.
Focus: This F3 - Flip, Flap & Fold Folder is dedicated to teaching young Catholics about the Blessed Virgin Mary, including who she is, her titles, the Hail Mary prayer in English and Latin, approved apparitions and where they occurred, her connection to Jesus' life in the Mysteries of the Rosary, exemplar of virtuous behavior, and using a statue of Mary as a sacramental.
- Cover sheet with lesson highlights
- The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of Jesus, the Mother of God. - Drawing Mary and Jesus in the outline provided
- Titles for Mary – Praying the Litany of Loreto and identifying favorite titles for Mary
- Mary Is Our Intercessor – Role of an intercessor, Communion of Saints, Mary’s Symbol and praying the Hail Mary in English and Latin
- Approved apparitions of Mary – Mapping the timeline of apparitions
- What Am I? - Piece featuring the statue of Mary as a sacramental
- Why Do We Honor the Blessed Virgin Mary? – Examining Mary’s role in Jesus’ life through the Mysteries of the Rosary – Pieces to name and illustrate each mystery, including scriptural reference and virtue gained.
- What Can We Learn from Mother Mary? – Writing a summary of what Mary’s examples can teach us about Christian living.
Who is the Blessed Virgin Mary?
Why do we honor her?
What can we learn from her?
Expect to complete this F3 Folder in two or three learning sessions.
Instructions for the F3 Folder lesson and additional information are included within the download file.
Focus: Building knowledge of the Faith, using fine motor skills, recalling information
Theme: The Blessed Virgin Mary
This project uses a double prepared file folder.
This lesson is perfect for classroom or homeschool use.
Instructions, prayer sheets and scripture references are included.