F3 Lesson on the Sacrament of Reconciliation
Help children learn about and prepare to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation, which is also known as Penance, or Confession. This F3 - Flip, Flap, Fold lesson is a fun way to reinforce or introduce information that is sure to be reviewed over and over again. Although it is designed to be used with a prepared Double F3 folder, its wide margins and layout make it perfect to be stapled as a packet or put directly into a three-ring binder as well.
- What is the Sacrament of Reconciliation?
- Why are God’s laws important?
- How do we prepare for Confession?
- How do we receive Reconciliation?
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is one of the Sacraments of Healing. It is the tool that we use to reunite ourselves to our heavenly Father after we have sinned. It is a most important sacrament for every Catholic to know and utilize. You can use this double F3 Folder About the Sacrament of Reconciliation to enhance and supplement your current curriculum or lessons.
Perfect for use in your CCD or religious education class or home catechesis program, this resource is designed to build understanding of God’s laws and the Sacrament of Penance. There are four lesson pages, two cut-and-paste activities, one write in activity, and a reference sheet for discussion about going to confession contained in this lesson. This resource can help you teach or reinforce your lessons on this sacrament, whether you use a formal curriculum or one that you have put together yourself.
This F3 - Flip, Flap & Fold Folder is dedicated to teaching young Catholics about the Sacrament of Reconciliation - including the definition of, preparation for, and process of going to confession and receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Watch our video on how to create and assemble this resource.
- Cover sheet with lesson highlights
- What Is the Sacrament of Reconciliation? – text definition highlights the purpose and process of this holy sacrament.
- There Are Five Steps to Making a Good Confession – text reference includes the five steps and three names for this sacrament - Penance, Reconciliation, and Confession.
- What are three things that happen after you make a good confession? - student to write in the answers. (CCC: 1468-1469)
- Why Are God’s Laws Important? - cut-and-paste activity to order the Ten Commandments.
- How Do We Prepare for Confession? - cut and paste gentle examination of conscience for children.
- How Do We receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation? - Reference conversation sheet.
See our video below or read our article on how to prepare a Double F3 Folder.
Focus: Building knowledge of the Faith, using fine motor skills, recalling information
Theme: Ten Commandments, Sacrament of Reconciliation, going to confession, examination of conscience.
This project uses a double prepared file folder or may be used as a packet.
This lesson is perfect for classroom or homeschool use.
Instructions, answer key and references to the CCC are included.