F3 Folder Lesson on the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist
Prepare to Receive Our Lord in Holy Communion with our F3 Folder Lesson on the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.
Help children learn about and prepare to receive the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist. This (Flip, Flap, Fold) F3 Folder Lesson on the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist is a fun way to reinforce or introduce information that is sure to be reviewed repeatedly. Although this lesson is designed to be used with a prepared Single F3 folder, its wide margins and layout make it perfect to be stapled as a packet or put directly into a three-ring binder as well.
- What is a sacrifice?
- How is the Last Supper connected to the Holy Eucharist?
- How do we prepare for and receive Jesus in the Holy Eucharist?
The Holy Eucharist is the summit and source of the Catholic faith. All other sacraments lead to it. This resource may be used to enhance or supplement your lessons on the Holy Eucharist, including Jesus as a sacrifice for our sins, the Last Supper, and preparing and receiving Jesus in Holy Communion.
This Flip, Flap, Fold is perfect for use in your homeschool, CCD, or Religious Education classes. Five F3 piece activities can help you teach or reinforce your lessons on the Holy Eucharist, whether you use a formal curriculum or one that you have put together yourself.
It is expected that students can complete this lesson in one or two thirty-minute class sessions. Older learners may require less time to complete the entire folder.
This F3 - Flip, Flap & Fold Folder is dedicated to teaching young Catholics about the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist. It includes the following.
-The word “sacrifice” is defined, and examples are provided for its use in the Old Testament, New Testament, and today.
-A simple explanation of the Eucharist as instituted at the Last Supper is provided. The term “Consecration” is explained with the words of the Gospel of St. Luke.
-The Mystery of the Holy Eucharist is presented, which includes the role of the priest and the Real Presence.
-Preparing for and receiving Holy Communion is provided according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), including a Eucharistic fast, freedom from mortal sin, showing reverence to God, the words and reply to receive Holy Communion. Instructions on how to receive Jesus on the tongue and in the hand are also provided, however, they may differ from the requirements of your local ordinary (bishop or archbishop).
- Cover sheet with lesson highlights
- What Is a Sacrifice?
- Why Do We Make Sacrifices?
- The Last Supper - Introducing the Consecration
- The Mystery of the Holy Eucharist - The offerings, the role of the priest and the Real Presence.
- Preparing to Receive Jesus in Holy Communion - Having freedom from mortal sin, performing a Eucharistic fast, acting with reverence, the words used in the reception of Holy Communion, how to receive Communion on the tongue, and how to receive Communion in the hand.
- What Am I? - The altar bells, the reminder that the Consecration is approaching.
- When We Receive Holy Communion - Some of the effects of the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist are presented.
Focus: Building knowledge of the Faith, using fine motor skills, recalling information
Theme: Holy Eucharist, Consecration, Holy Communion, sacrifice, Last Supper
This project uses a single prepared file folder or may be used as a packet.
This lesson is perfect for classroom or home use.
Instructions and references to the CCC, Scripture, and Canon are included where applicable.
|The Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist F3 Folder Lesson.pdf|
- File Size 1.81 MB
- Create Date September 24, 2014