F3 Folder Lesson on the Seven Sacraments
The seven Sacraments are an integral part of the Catholic Faith. They give meaning to our faith, traditions and practices as Jesus Christ instituted them and called them into practice Himself. We invite you to use our lapbook style double F3 Folder About the Seven Sacraments to enhance and supplement your lessons.
Perfect for use in your homeschool, CCD or religious education class, this resource is designed to build understanding of the sacraments and their role in the church. There are six F3 piece activities that can help you teach or reinforce your lessons on sacraments, whether you use a formal curriculum or one that you have put together yourself.
Focus: This F3 - Flip, Flap & Fold Folder is dedicated to teaching young Catholics about the sacraments - including form, matter and effects of each, Sanctifying and Actual grace, types of sacraments (Initiation, Healing, Service of Communion), and the ambry.
Folder Elements Include:
• Cover sheet with lesson highlights
• What Are Sacraments? – Definition including sanctifying grace and actual grace.
• Matter & Form – Definition piece that also gives examples of matter.
• What Do the Sacraments Give Us – Piece featuring the effects of the Sacraments
• What Am I? - Piece featuring the Ambry
• Types of Sacraments and the symbols associated with each - Pieces depict symbols of each sacrament and are categorized by Sacraments of Initiation, Sacraments of Healing, and Sacraments at the Service of Communion. References to the Catechism are provided.
• My Learning Cards About the Seven Sacraments - Eight cards are provided for children to fill out and then store in a matching pocket. An answer key is provided for teachers, including references to the CCC.
• What I Know About the Sacraments Single Flip Book – One provided for each sacrament featuring corresponding images from stain-glass windows. Use these to review or provide specific information as desired.
• List the Seven Sacraments using image prompts.
• Draw or write about "My Favorite Sacrament."
What are sacraments?
How many do we celebrate?
Why are they important?
By explaining what a sacrament is, what constitutes a sacrament and its effects, children can grow to understand the importance of the Church, participating in the fullness of the Catholic faith, and receiving the Sacraments of Holy Eucharist and Reconciliation regularly.
Instructions for the F3 Folder lesson and additional information are included in the download file.
Expect to complete this F3 Folder in at least two or three learning sessions. There is quite a bit of information to cover and lots of opportunities for discussion and review.
Focus: Building knowledge of the Faith, using fine motor skills, recalling information
Theme: Seven Sacraments, baptism, reconciliation, Holy Eucharist, confirmation
This project uses a double prepared file folder.
This lesson is perfect for classroom or homeschool use.
Instructions, answer key and references to the CCC are included.