Teach about the Catholic Faith with our F3 Folder Lesson on the Seven Sacraments.
The seven Sacraments are an integral part of the Catholic Faith. They give meaning to our Faith, traditions, and practices as Jesus Christ instituted them and called them into practice Himself. We invite you to use our lapbook style double F3 Folder Lesson on the Seven Sacraments to enhance and supplement your religious education lessons. See how
Perfect for use in your homeschool, CCD or religious education class, this resource is designed to build an understanding of the sacraments and their role in the church. The six F3 piece activities included in this project can help you teach or reinforce your lessons on the Sacraments, whether you use a formal curriculum or one that you create yourself.
This F3 - Flip, Flap & Fold Folder focuses on teaching young Catholics about the sacraments - including form, matter, and effects of each, Sanctifying and Actual grace, types of sacraments (Initiation, Healing, Service of Communion), and the ambry.
F3 Folder Lesson on the Seven Sacraments Includes the Following Elements
- Cover sheet with lesson highlights
- What Are Sacraments? – A definition including sanctifying grace and actual grace.
- Matter & Form – A definition piece that also gives examples of matter.
- What Do the Sacraments Give Us – A piece featuring the effects of the Sacraments.
- What Am I? - A piece featuring the Ambry
- Types of Sacraments and the symbols associated with each - Each piece depicts symbols of each sacrament. The Sacraments are arranged by groups, including Sacraments of Initiation, Sacraments of Healing, and Sacraments at the Service of Communion. References to the Catechism are provided.
- My Learning Cards About the Seven Sacraments - Eight cards for children to fill out and then store in a matching pocket. An answer key is provided for teachers, including references to the CCC.
- What I Know About the Sacraments Single Flip Book – One booklet is provided for each sacrament featuring corresponding images from stain-glass windows. Use these to review or provide specific information as desired.
- List the Seven Sacraments using image prompts.
- Draw or write about "My Favorite Sacrament."
Views of the First Folder When Open
Views of the Second Folder When Open
F3 Folder Lesson on the Seven Sacraments Lesson Highlights
What are sacraments?
How many do we celebrate?
Why are they important?
By explaining what a sacrament is and its effects, children can grow in their understanding of the Catholic faith. Naturally, as they learn more, they can understand the importance of the Church. Building knowledge, in turn, can foster more participation in the Catholic faith, including receiving the Sacraments of Holy Eucharist and Reconciliation regularly.
Instructions for the F3 Folder lesson and additional information are included in the download file.
Because this activity includes instructions, an answer key and references to the CCC, it is suitable for classroom or home use. As there is quite a bit of information to cover and lots of opportunities for discussion and review, teachers should expect to complete this F3 Folder Lesson on the Seven Sacraments Lesson in at least two or three learning sessions.
The Individual Folder Panels
The First Folder Panel - What Are Sacraments?
The Second Folder Panel - The Seven Sacraments and What They Give Us
The Third Folder Panel - The Sacraments of Initiation, Healing, and Service of Communion
The Fourth Folder Panel - Details About Each Sacrament
Focus: Building knowledge of the Faith, using fine motor skills, recalling information
Theme: Seven Sacraments, baptism, reconciliation, Holy Eucharist, confirmation
This lesson is suitable for classroom or home use.
This project uses a double, prepared file folder. Watch a video about How to Create a Double F3 Folder or Read an article about How to Create a Double F3 Folder.