Study Some of the Most Talented Musicians in History using a Timeline of Composers.
This resource includes timeline pieces and lines to teach about twenty-six famous composers from various eras, countries and musical periods. For your convenience, a blank timeline piece is also included to allow an extra composer to be added to the project.
How to Use
First, cut the pieces apart. Next, construct and assemble the lines according to the instructions on the sheet. Finally, using the dates on the pieces as a guide, place the pieces on the timeline in chronological order. (There should be three pieces on each line.) Many children enjoy moving the pieces to make way for others, so don't worry about putting each on perfectly. Consider using mac-tack on the back of pieces to move them very easily.
Muscians included in this Little Timeline of Composers include the following.
- Antonio Vivaldi 1678-1741 Baroque
- George Frideric Handel 1685-1759 Baroque
- Georg Philipp Telemann 1681-1767 Baroque
- Johann Sebastian Bach 1685-1750 Baroque
- Domenico Scarlatti 1685-1757 Baroque
- Joseph Haydn 1732-1809 Classical
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 1756-1791 Classical
- Ludwig van Beethoven 1770-1827 Classical
- Franz Schubert 1797-1828 Classical
- Felix Mendelssohn 1809-1847 Early Romantic
- Frédéric Chopin 1810-1849 Romantic
- Robert Schumann 1810-1856 Romantic
- Franz Liszt 1840-1893 Romantic
- Richard Wagner 1813-1883 Romantic
- Stephen Foster 1826-1864 Romantic
- Giuseppe Verdi 1813-1901 Romantic
- Johannes Brahms 1838-1897 Romantic
- Camille Saint-Saëns 1835-1921 Romantic
- Pyotr llyich Tchaikovsky 1840-1893 Romantic
- Antonin Leopold Dvořák 1841-1904 Romantic
- Edvard Grieg 1843-1907 Romantic
- Sir Edward Elgar 1857-1934 Romantic
- Giacomo Puccini 1858-1924 Late Romantic
- Claude-Achille Debussy 1862-1918 Impressionist
- Richard Strauss 1864-1949 Early Modern
- George Gershwin 1898-1937 Modern
Focus: Timeline, music