Our Virtue Lesson About Detachment Unit Study
Help Teach Young Catholics About Self Control and Consequences with Our Virtue Lesson About Detachment Unit Study.
Our Virtue Lesson About Detachment Unit Study focuses on helping kids learn that they need to cultivate self-control and must always consider the consequences of their actions. Being in control helps one stay closer to God and avoid sin. It is also good to let youngsters know that they don't have to act on every feeling they have.
The lesson packet includes a clear, detailed weekly plan to guide and assist instructors. Each of the 4-week schedules provides a list of core learning tasks to accomplish and a listing of fun extension activities. Teachers will also enjoy the flexibility of printing the extension materials in either a color or a black and white version.
Although teachers may choose to use only some of the lesson materials, the easy to read weekly plans take the stress out of delivering the complete unit study. Along with the directions for using the worksheets and activities, the weekly plans give instructors icons to organize and gather tools and resources such as a Bible, a pair of scissors, etc. An icon key is provided at the bottom of some pages. There is also a separate icon sheet for quick reference.
This unit study helps to train young learners in developing habits to form and live virtuous lives. It does this by incorporating a variety of fun and engaging components. Kids will learn about modesty through selected Aesop's Fables, reading activities, Scripture study, and saint study, as well as the lesson worksheets and extension activities included in this packet.
Visit the Virtue of Detachment Unit Study Page for more details and materials to accompany this unit study.
Our Virtue Lesson About Detachment Unit Study includes the following worksheets and extension materials.
- I Can Be Detached Cut-N-Paste Virtue Lesson Sheet
- Virtue Cut-N-Paste Piece Set
- Grow in the Virtue of Detachment Prayer Worksheet
- Virtue of Detachment Prayer Card
- Virtue of Detachment Chart Set
- F3 (Flip, Flap, Fold) Tab Booklet - Bible Verses About Detachment
- Virtue of Detachment Writing Paper
- Virtue of Detachment Reading Log Bookmark
- You Can Do It - Activities to Build Detachment Worksheet
- Picture It - The Virtue of Detachment
- Detach and Stay in Control Poster
- Aesop's Fable - The Bear and the Bees
- Aesop's Fable - The Bull and the Goat
- Aesop's Fable - The Lion and the Ass
- Copywork Set Aesop's Fable - The Bear and the Bees
- Copywork Set Aesop's Fable - The Bull and the Goat
- What Can Saint Gregory the Great Teach About Detachment Notebooking Sheet
- Dr. Virtue's Discussion Cards
- Dig Deeper into the Virtue of Detachment Worksheet
- Virtue of Detachment Keytag Set
- Four Cool Facts About the Virtue of Detachment
- How Can You Practice Detachment Graphic Organizer
- Virtue of Detachment Word Search Worksheet
- A-Z of Detachment Worksheet
- Detach and Stay in Control Coloring Sheet
- Set the Scene Worksheet for the Virtue of Detachment
- Virtue of Detachment Mini-Book Set
- Certificate of Achievement - Knowledge of the Virtue of Detachment