Teach Children About the Seven Sorrows of the Holy Mother.
Use these little learning cards to help introduce children to Our Lady of Sorrows and the seven sorrows that she endured. A simple explanation is given, and the seven events are listed for reference.
Cards are created by printing out the file, cutting the page in half where indicated, and folding the piece on the dotted lines. Glue to complete. Cards may be laminated for longevity and a polished appearance. For your convenience, there are two identical cards per page for ease of use. Cards may be printed out in grayscale or color by adjusting the settings on your printer.
The Seven Sorrows are listed on the card as the following.
- Mary hears the prophecy of Simeon.
- The Holy Family flees to safety in Egypt.
- The Child Jesus is lost in Jerusalem.
- Mary meets Jesus on His way to Calvary.
- Mary stands at the foot of the Cross.
- Mary receives Jesus’ body from the cross.
- Mary buries Jesus in the tomb.
Focus: Fact recall
Theme: Our Lady of Sorrows, Seven Sorrows (dolors) of Mary, learning card