St. John Henry Newman Mini-Book
Try a Twist on Saint Study with the St. John Henry Newman Mini-Book.
This St. John Henry Newman Mini-Book is prompted and requires learners to research and fill in basic biographical information about this recently canonized saint.
Encourage learners to put their thoughts and creativity to work in creating this mini-book that they can write or illustrate. This resource features eight pages, including a title page with a portrait of the saint.
How to Use the St. John Henry Newman Mini-Book
First, print out the template and cut the pages apart on the dotted lines. Next, stack the pages in numbered order and staple them together. Lastly, have students fill in the information.
Finished mini-books may be glued onto one of our Mini-Book Keeper Pages to create a library of your student's work or document their learning.
We encourage you to use resources you already have on hand or can easily access online or from your parish library to fill in the needed information. Mini-books are also the perfect additions to unit studies, CCD or Religious Education classes, or even as an attachment to a learning notebook.
Two versions are included in this file. One presents blank pages for more creativity, while the other includes writing prompts.
Writing prompts in the St. John Henry Newman Mini-Book includes the following.
- Who is this saint?
- What is so special about him?
- When and where did he live?
- When is his feast day, and of who or what is he the patron saint?
- What could be used as a symbol for St. John Henry Newman?
- Give an instance when one might call on St. John Henry Newman for intercession.
- My Favorite fact about St. John Henry Newman is . . .
- File Size 343 KB
- Create Date November 7, 2019