Celebrate the Birth of the Lord with the Nativity Story - A Christmas Skit for Young Children (Gr.K-4) to Perform in Their Parish, School, or Classroom.
The goal of the Nativity Story - A Christmas Skit for Young Children production is to present a simple but authentic account of Christ’s birth. By joyfully encouraging children to be a part of this project, they will be invited to build their confidence and love of the faith. Young Catholics will learn that they are a vital part of the Church as they help share the Gospel account with others. And most importantly, children can draw closer to Christ Jesus.
This skit is designed to be performed by children in grades K-4. A narrator will present part of the Nativity account, while actors deliver simple lines and movements on stage or on a set. In-between the action, appropriate Christmas hymns will be sung to match the scenes. For your convenience, lyric sheets and music scores are included in this packet. A choir of children should be used to accompany the performance. If a children’s choir is not available, consider having each class or grade level of children lead and sing one of the carols presented in the skit. As well, the audience should be invited to participate in the pageantry by singing the opening and closing hymns along with the children.
Preparation for this skit can be as simple or elaborate as desired. It may be performed on a small stage, in a parish, a hall, or even a classroom. There are very few required setting props so that the skit may be performed almost anywhere, if necessary. The setting and costumes may be created to fit the needs of your parish or class. A few suggestions have been made for props and actions in the director’s script.
The Nativity Story - A Christmas Skit for Young Children includes the following.
- Cast Sheet - Listing of characters in the skit
- Scene Summary Sheet - Find an overview of the setting, props, costumes, and actions needed in each scene.
- Director’s Script - This copy offers a full script with notes, spoken lines, and action for directors or coordinators.
- Actors’ Script - Only spoken lines are included to allow flexibility in direction.
- Actor Line Strips - Children may use these cut-apart pieces to study their lines. They may also be used during the actual performance to reduce anxiety for some children who are not yet able to memorize lines well.
- Cast Assignment Sheet - Track cast assignments and their necessary props.
- Invitation - Use a thematic paper invitation to invite family and friends to the performance. Print as many as are necessary. Color and black-and-white versions are included.
- Envelope - This thematic envelope may be used for the included invitation. Print as many as necessary. Color and black-and-white versions are included.
- Poster - This thematic sheet may be used to advertise or remind people about your performance. Print as many as necessary. Color and black-and-white versions are included.
- Costume Suggestions & Template - Find the directions for a simple tunic costume and head covering (veil).
- Lyric Sheets - Find lyrics to all the hymns used in this skit.
- Hymn Scores - Find the musical scores for all the hymns used in this skit.
|File Size||3.01 MB|
|Create Date||November 14, 2015|
|Category Tags||Angels Annunciation Christmas Epiphany Holy Family Joyful Mysteries Letter N Nativity Skit St Joseph Virgin Mary|
|Popular Categories||Angels, CCD & Religious Ed. Materials, Christmas, Christmas, Language Arts, Music, New Testament, Other Printables|
|McAfee Certified Site|